I complain about living in the desert a lot, just see any of my past blog posts. Mostly because of the heat and the wind, okay mostly the wind.... Although the wind pretty much blows year around, the heat actually only lasts a few months. Believe it or not, it's either really cold or very nice and mild from October to May! Just windy...
|Jojoba Oil by PipingRock.com|
So one of the best ways I have found to keep skin and hair looking it's best is to use oils. Using oils is a great way to keep hair and skin moisturized, especially if you live in colder or drier climate areas. The trouble is trying to find a light oil, that won't clog pores or make hair look greasy. Jojoba oil is great for this purpose because of it is very similar to the natural oils our skin produces. Jojoba is usually sold as a carrier oil for essential oils, but don't let that stop you from using it on it's own. Here are some of my favorite ways to use Jojoba oil.
- Add 5 drops to my bottle of shampoo to keep it from drying out hair. Just shake every time before using.
- Add 3-5 drops to hair conditioner for extra moisturizing. I just add it directly to the whole bottle and shake it up. This also will calm hair frizzies if you leave in conditioner so it calms frizzies makes curls look more defined.
- Rub a few drops onto a dry scalp to reduce itchiness.
- Add a few drops to bath water for silky smooth skin.
- One drop rubbed into rough skin patches will help soften and moisturize.
- Add 5-10 drops to your favorite lotion to give some extra soothing help, for super dry skin.
- Traditionally it is used as a carrier oil for aromatherapy and massage. One of my favorite concoctions is using it with
- I used Jojoba as a hair oil to soothe my frizzies after blow drying my hair straight. This lightweight oil absorbs quickly and leaves hair soft and smooth with out greasiness. I used about 5 drops, because my hair was super frizzy...as you can see...
|Before....a hot mess, and After.|
I received products for free from pipingrock.com to try in the hopes that I would like them enough to write about them on my blog. I was not paid to write this post, I do not make any heath claims about the products and I am just sharing my personal experience with these products.