Life & Food 100% Pure Raw Organic Yacon Root Syrup is an all natural sweetener and dietary supplement. Yacon syrup its self boasts some big health claims, and has been studied for some conditions, and is clinically proven. So, as you can imagine, I was eager to try this natural sweetener, and did I mention that it is gluten free? YAY!
When I first opened the bottle I will admit I thought it smelled bad, not horrible but like burnt sugar. Reluctantly, both me and my hubby tasted it. I thought it tasted like tart molasses, my husband said it tasted like honey or molasses, "but not really..." whatever that means. Neither one of us really liked the taste at first. But being brave I poured a spoonful and added it to my iced hibiscus tea. It didn't really change the taste as much as I thought it would, and I didn't find the yacon syrup to be very sweet either, to me it tasted more tart than anything but not in an unpleasant way. I drank down my tea and noticed that evening at dinner, I wasn't as hungry as I thought I was. I felt full faster, and didn't feel too full or bloated after I ate.
Well after actually going on the interwebs and doing some more research on yacon syrup I found it was useful for dieters. I'm not dieting but I CAN afford to cut back a little on my portions. I also found that yacon syrup had some benefits for your intestines as well, which is great, because mine can use all the help they can get! So I decided to keep using the yacon syrup and found that it must be an acquired taste and that I am really starting to like it. I even lick the leftovers off the spoon after I mix it into my iced (or hot tea). I've been using Life & Food 100% Pure Raw Organic Yacon Root Syrup for two weeks now, and while I can't tell you that I have lost weight (I don't own a scale). I will tell you that some of my clothes are starting to feel looser and more comfortable.
|The bottle, and a pour into my cup of chamomile tea...|
Yacon (Smallanthus sonchifolius) Syrup is sourced from Yacon fields in the country of Peru, and contains high levels of oligofructose (inulin), a form of sugar that is not metabolized readily by the human body. This makes yacon syrup a good alternative for diabetics and dieters looking for natural alternatives to the chemical filled "low calorie" sweeteners.
- 100% pure Yacon syrup has shown to assist in weight management, increase fiber intake and promotes good bowel function.
- Other benefits include: Lowers blood sugar. Prevents and controls hyperglycemia (over activity).
- Restores renal activity.
- Is a powerful Antioxidant.
- High in prebiotics and probiotics, this syrup contains up to 50% of FOS (fructooligosacharides).
- It has been found that consumption of FOS does not increase blood glucose, and helps boost your bodies metabolism.
- Naturally grown and sourced from the fields in Peru. Organic certified by our manufacturing specialists. 100% pure raw organic syrup formula with no added preservatives. Bottled and tested in a FDA certified GMP facility in the USA.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.